- About NIFS
- Greetings from the Director General
- History of NIFS
- Medium-term Goals and Plans
- Facts and Figures
- Research Staff
- Department of Helical Plasma Research
- Research Enhancement Strategy Office
- Division of Health and Safety Promotion
- Division of Information and Communication Systems
- Department of Engineering Technical Services
- Department of Administration
- Fusion Science Archives
- The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Department of Fusion Science
The Research Enhancement Strategy Office was established by the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Technology in 2013 as a result of the selection of the National Institutes of Natural Sciences for the “Research University Enhancement Promotion Project.” This project selected domestic universities and inter-university research institutes that conduct superlative research, and supports their research enhancement policies. A special feature of this program is the hiring and placement of Research Administrators (RA: research administration staff) and their performance of related activities.
At the National Institute for Fusion Science (NIFS), three Research Administrators focus on the three pillars of collaborative research enhancement, development of early career research, and public relations enhancement. Task groups support the activities of the Research Administrators, and working together with NIFS committees are moving forward with related projects. These projects are linked to the National Institutes of Natural Sciences (NINS) headquarters. In particular, public relations will be widely disseminated in Japan and abroad through the NINS headquarters.