Seventh International Toki Conference (ITC-7) on
Plasma Physics and Controlled Nuclear Fusion
"Fusion Plasma Diagnostics"
November 28- December 1, 1995 Toki-city, Japan
The topic of the Seventh International Toki Conference is "Fusion Plasma Diagnostics". The conference will examine the development of powerful plasma diagnostics for characterizing and understanding the properties of fusion-oriented plasmas. For each field of research, recent progress in the diagnostic technique and the resultant physics understanding of plasma confinement will be given in an invited paper. Contributed papers will supplement the invited papers from more technical points of view with the aim of stimulating discussion about future progress. The contributed papers will cover:
The conference will be held November 28 - December 1, 1995 at Ceratopia Hall in Toki-city.
The working language will be English.
- a) X-ray Diagnostics
- b) Visible and VUV Diagnostics
- c) Microwave, IR and FIR Diagnostics
- d) Particle Diagnostics
- e) Neutron and Alpha Particle Diagnostics
- f) Laser and Particle Beam Diagnostics
- g) Langmuir Probes and Magnetic Loops
- h) Atomic and Molecular Processes
- i) New Detectors and Electrical Circuits
- j) Data Acquisition and Processing
- k) New Diagnostics
- Steady State Plasma Diagnostics----- K. Young (PPPL, USA)
- Plasma Diagnostics in LHD----- J. Fujita (NIFS, Japan)
- Diagnostics for DT burning plasma in JET and ITER-----P. Stott (JET)
- Diagnostics for confinement study of DT plasma in TFTR
-----J. Strachan (PPPL, USA)
- Diverter diagnostics and physics in JT-60U-----A. Sakasai (JAERI, Japan)
- Plasma diagnostics and physics in the W7-AS stellarator
-----A. Weller (MPIPP, Germany)
- Review of ICF plasma diagnostics-----H. Azechi (ILE, Osaka Univ., Japan)
- Review of plasma potential and density fluctuation measurements
-----Y. Hamada (NIFS, Japan)
The contributed papers will be presented as posters. Some of them will be selected for oral presentation. Authors may indicate their preference, but the selection will be made by the Program Committee on the basis of submitted abstracts.
- Temperature and fluctuation measurements with ECE in WVII-AS
-----H. Hartfuss (MPIPP, Germany)
- Pulsed radar reflectometry and prospects for fluctuation measurements
----A. Donne (FOM, Netherlands)
- Edge density measurements with Li beam probes in tokamak and stellarator plasmas-----K. McCormick (MPIPP, Germany)
- Alpha particle loss measurements in TFTR-----D. Darrow (PPPL, USA)
- Density and q-profile measurements with an FIR interferometer
-----H. Koslowski (KFA Julich, Germany)
- q-profile measurements with the motional Stark effect in DIII-D
-----B. Rice (LLNL, USA)
- Ion density and temperature fluctuation measurements with BES in TFTR
-----R. Fonck (Univ. Wisconsin, USA)
- Neutron profile measurements in JET-----O. Jarvis (JET)
- VUV spectroscopy and impurity behaviors in tokamak and stellarator plasmas
-----R. Isler (ORNL, USA)
- High energy neutral particle analyzer-----A.Kislyakov (A.F.Ioffe, Russia)
- Interpretability of magnetic diagnostics in tokamaks - Search for a locked mode in TFTR - -----H. Takahashi (PPPL, USA)
- Electron temperature and density profile measurements with YAG Thomson scattering-----K. Narihara (NIFS, Japan)
- Measurement of Electron Energy Distribution from X-ray Diagnostics-----S. von Goeler (PPPL, USA)
A one page abstract must be submitted before August 31, 1995. Please write your text on a sheet of A4 size (210 mm x 297 mm) paper or equivalent with a full 25 mm margin on all four sides. Center and write the title in capitals. Underline the name of the author who will present the paper. Abstracts submitted by fax will not be accepted. The selected abstracts will be distributed at the conference.
If your abstract is accepted, you will be requested to prepare a full length paper. The completed paper must be given to the conference secretariat at the beginning of the conference.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in an appropriate journal. Each paper will be refereed prior to publication. Please note that the acceptance of the abstracts for presentation does not guarantee the acceptance of the paper for publication. A copy of the proceedings will be distributed to each participant.
Use the enclosed form to register. The registration fee is 10,000 yen including the banquet, proceedings, and conference materials. The fee can be paid by cash in Japanese Yen at the conference registration desk. Credit cards, checks and traveler's checks will not be accepted. Please note that there is no bank where money can be exchanged near the conference site. A limited amount of financial support for attendees will be available. Please contact the conference secretariat.
Make your reservation using the attached form by October 15, 1995. For the period of the conference we will reserve rooms in some Japanese-style inns and western-style hotels in Toki and nearby Tajimi-city. Bus service between these accommodations and the Ceratopia Hall will be available. We have also reserved rooms in the Meitetsu Grand Hotel near Nagoya Station for the night preceding the first day of the conference. A registration desk will also be open there on the opening morning of the conference. Transportation will be arranged from Nagoya to Toki on the first day of the conference.
Toki-city is located 30km north-east of Nagoya city. It takes about 50 minutes via the Japan Railway (JR) Chuo-line to reach Toki-shi Station from Nagoya Station. The Ceratopia Toki Conference Hall is about 0.4 km from JR Toki-shi Station. If you will be arriving at Nagoya Airport, you can use the Meitetsu bus line to directly connect to Nagoya Station (45 min.).
- Deadline for the One Page Abstract ................................. August 31, 1995
- Notification of Authors.................................................. September 15, 1995
- Deadline for Registration and Hotel Reservation ................ October 15, 1995
- Deadline for Papers .................................................... November 29, 1995
A. Iiyoshi (Chairman)
J. Fujita, M. Fujiwara, Y. Hamada, H. Iguchi, T. Kamimura, T. Kuroda, T. Matoba (JAERI), Y. Matsumoto, O. Motojima , K. Muraoka (Kyushu Univ.), A. Nagashima (JAERI), M. Okamoto, T. Obiki (Kyoto Univ.), T. Sato, T. Tamano (Tsukuba Univ.),
T. Watari, J. Yamamoto, T. Yamanaka (Osaka Univ.)
Y. Hamada (Chairman)
K. Adati, A. Ejiri, A. Fujisawa, J. Fujita, S. Hidekuma, T. Hirota, K. Ida, H. Iguchi,
Y. Ishikawa, M. Kakiage, K. Kawahata, Y. Kawasumi, J. Kodaira, T. Kuroda,
T. Minami, H. Miyake, S. Morita, S. Muto, Y. Nagayama, M. Nakamoto, H. Nakanishi,
T. Namba, K. Narihara, A. Nishizawa, I. Nomura, S. Ohdachi, T. Ozaki, B. Peterson,
H. Sakaue, M. Sasao, K. Sato, K. N. Sato, S. Sudo, K. Tanaka, M. Tanaka, K. Toi,
I. Yamada, J. Xu
Go to the On-Line Registration Form...
Go to the Hotel Reservation Form...
Return to ITC-7 Home Page...
Return to the NIFS Home Page...